Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Some girls are born to be girly...

...And some are NOT.

I'm the latter unfortunately. All my life, I've tried to be like the popular girls, yet no matter what I did, the things that looked AMAZING on them, looked horrible on me. It makes me wonder, WHY? I mean, I know about genes and all  that, but it's almost like something else. I'm not talking about a physical characteristic that's inherited from your mom or dad... I'm talking about how some girls KNOW what's "cool" to wear before it even becomes "cool"... Or how when I was in elementary school, everyone had these cool little wheel bags, and I didn't, so the next year I made sure to buy an amazing one, just like the one the popular kids had, and of course, by then it was the absolute lamest thing EVER to have that type of bag...

Why is it that girls like me (I'm assuming there MUST be more girls like me out there, right?!) seem to always be "too late" for everything when it comes to fashion, beauty, girly stuff (...) ? Sometimes I wonder if it's because my mom isn't very girly either.. But I don't think that's it. I mean, other girls with non girly moms seem to be just fine, so it can't be just that... *SIGH* Either way, I'm going on and on about the fact that to me, these things just don't come naturally. They just don't. Some people can do hairdos like it's the easiest thing ever... for me it takes hours and it STILL doesn't look like it's supposed to.. Or my nails? I feel like my hands don't really obey me. I try to make them like I see around the internet but you think they look anything like it? No.

But the funny thing is, I don't stop trying. I keep trying and striving to one day look like these girls I envy so much.. To look "together", for someone to one day look at MY hair, or at MY nails, or at MY clothes, MY makeup, and think "wow, I wish I could do that"... So this is why I made this blog.. I kept trying to find a "nail for dummies" blog, where maybe I could learn more about nails and maybe tricks to help me... (Nails are my current absolute obsession. I made an ebay account JUST to buy a bunch of polishes!!!! Call me crazy, I know I am!) and when I couldn't find it, I figured there might be someone, maybe one person out there that might enjoy my rambling, and my pointless attempts into entering the girly world, even if they're failed!

This won't be just about nails though, because even though nails ARE my current obsession (and they will be here VERY constantly, I hope!), I think sometimes I might want to try make up, hair and maybe even fashion (EEEKK!) stuff also :)

I'll try posting tomorrow, maybe some nails pictures! I just did a mani today, based on the Nailside blog... BUT of course it didn't look exactly like I wanted lol :)

Love,
Amanda <3

No comments:

Post a Comment