Sunday, December 18, 2011

Not feeling very bunnylicious :(

Okay, so I have my uncle & aunt visiting us! First time in Jersey!! We were walking around Big Lots.. Is there really a better place to be than that? And I had to go see what they had for nail polish. To be honest I was kinda super disappointed :( There were tons of 2 different colors of LA Colors.. A pink & a deep purple that I might show later..

But then I saw something that was kinda cute & fun! They had a Playboy Nail Polish set! 4 nail polishes together, for 5 bucks! I'm a sucker for a bargain, specially when it came all cute together, so I got 'em! :)

Unfortunately when I got home I threw the box away before taking the picture! I know I know silly me! Still getting the hang of the whole "think about pics!" process LOL

But take a look at these cute fun colors:


Okay so the bad news... To begin with, they stank! Phew! I mean not your regular nail polish smell, but a very chemical-ly type of smell. And strong! But that's not all :( The application also kinda sucked big time. VERY sheer at first, and VERYYYY streaky :(

With about 2 coats. Don't know if you can see all the crazy streaking and VNL!

As I hope you can see they're all still VERY sheer. Which is fine because I'm not against using 3 coats, so I did one more! :)

Sorry for not cleaning up right away! Ooops!
So there it is. 3 coats and it IS opaque BUT you can see every brushstroke, and it's just not even :(
What I did love was the pleasant surprise that they dried kinda mattey-ish. I say that because I kept looking at them IRL and wasn't 100% sure if they had become actually matte or not, but after leaving them around to dry more you could def see it. Drying time wasn't that great but oh well :)

Either way I LOVE the blue. I know it's just a blue but for some reason I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! :)

I'm pretty sure if these had better application & weren't as sheer they would've been so much fun! And such a nice alternative to the super expensive neons we see around..

But as it is right now, even though I LOVE matte nail polishes, I'm just not feeling like a bunny :(

What do you think?

xoxo,
Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment