Saturday, December 17, 2011

Yeah, I can be bad ass too! (At least my nails can ;D )

Okay, so one of the designs that i've seen around  that surprised me the most & made me want to make them right away was  this one:



This was made by Samantha @ The Nailsaurus!

I mean...... talk about bad ass!!! :)

Now I'll say this.. While I'm not girly, I'm definitely a goody two shoes... So there's nothing much... "bad ass" about me. BUT these nails caught my eye like no one's business hahah! So I found on ebay some beads and while I think they are NOT  the same type she used, I think the result came out surprisingly nice:










Now, even though I'm holding a bottle of SV on my hand, I hadn't used any top coat at that time.. What I did was I basically painted nail by nail. I'd paint the Black on Black by SC, and while it was still wet I used my smallest dotting tool, wet with a bit of clear polish to pick up the bead and put it on my nail before the polish was dry! :)

I did put SV after these pics were taken but I kinda hated how it looked. That's where not knowing that much about different top coats and polishes hinders me a little... A different type of top coat (probably not fast drying lol) would have made all the difference!

Anyways, hope you enjoy it! <3

4 comments:

  1. I love this design! For such manicures I use the least watery topcoat I have instead of SV. I like the way you re-created it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Awww thanks! I had a lot of fun doing this, it took forever! haha :)

    Now, which brands do you normally consider less watery? I *thought* SV was pretty thick but maybe I just need to buy a new one? haha :)

    Thanks for the comment & tip <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks incredible!! I recently had the same problem with a rhinestone mani/top coat. I use SV for everything and I found it to be too thick. My other "go to" top coat is from Sally Hansen...its a quick dry (not as quick as SV)but it's way thinner, cheaper too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I now have like 3 different types of top coat LOL. One of them is the NYC one, and it's NOT fast drying, but it is a little more watery, and I also got that huge one from Beauty Secrets that it's supposed to be fast dry... I haven't used it yet but can't wait to try! :)

      Delete