Friday, March 23, 2012

Apple pie in an apple anyone? :)




Okay, so since this week I already have tons of finals, guess what I'm not having a lot of time for? That's right, my nails :(

BUT, I have something I've been DYING to share with you guys!

About a month ago, I went to one of the most amazing friend's house, Bridget. She lives about an hour away from me, which is NOTHING considering we both met in JERSEY and somehow ended up close together in CALI! :) Oh, AND, she has an AMAZING blog that she's just recently started, but I can already tell it will go FAR! Check it out here!

Anyways, when I get there, she tells me we are trying out something from pinterest, and we did.. This awesome Apple pie baked INSIDE an apple. It's too amazing for words! It was quick, easy, and oh-so-delicious! We used the left over pie crust & filling and made another tiny apple pie in a little glass container. So cute! :)

That night had some other unforeseen events, but I'll leave all that excitement for later :P

Now let me shut up & get to some pics! :)

We used the mix for the pie crust, since none of us really knows how to make pie crust :)

The filling was basically cut up apples with some sugar and cinnamon.
Now, if you notice here, the apples were carved out. That was awesome fun &
yet nerve-wrecking to do! I kept getting scared I would rip the skin on the apple
LOL :)


We wanted it to look like a real pie & did a little basket weave with the pie crust!


We probably could've left it in the oven a little longer, so it would be a bit more golden, the crust,
BUT it still looked prett great!


One for me, one for Brie, and one for her hubby, Kyle!


Of course, what's apple pie without her best friend Ice cream? :)

And our little pie, with a little heart on it :) This one was cooked a bit more, and you can totally tell! :)

And now for the extra excitement.... So Brie's glass table SUDDENLY exploded. And I mean EXPLODED. Like into a thousand little pieces. Out of the blue. Nothing fell on it or anything. It was super scary and you get to see a pic! AHHH!


Thank Goodness we were NOT sitting nearby it!

Now, this would not be enough would it? So even though I was sitting a bit far from the table, some pieces flew where we were at, and a piece went straight into my leg :( So I need to thank Kyle for being so great & cleaning the blood I dripped on their carpet. Such a marine, that one! :)


Of course that Brie being an amazing nurse helped too! She got me all cleaned up & bandaged up in no time! :)

And I even managed to find one of the culprits.. Yep, one of them, since I had about 3 different cuts! Ouchie!
So we googled this and turns out there have been quite a bit of occasions where glass table tops exploded. Apparently most of them are linked to the martha stewart patio furniture, BUT we have no idea where this table was from since they got it from previous owners..


Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed the apple pies and please go ahead & try them out! It's AWESOME & SO easy :)

Don't forget to stop by Brie's blog too <3

No comments:

Post a Comment