Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Okay so I was SO excited for this mani!!! I finished it, and let it dry for like 25 minutes or so, kept looking in the mirror and LOVING it, and then... I put top coat on my left hand (My picture hand!!!) and it smeared ALL over. I mean darn it, I thought 25 minutes would be more than enough time for it to dry, I guess I was wrong :(

So I took some right-hand pics which just felt awkward! LOL

Either way, the inspiration came from a post on pinterest (btw, feel free to follow me there!! Here's the link to my boards!)

And this is how they came out!



Right hand! Eeek! Now the hearts on this hand weren't as great as the hearts on the left hand.. I can never do them perfectly :(
Nor were the lines. LOL. The lines were much straighter on my left hand BEFORE the darn top coat haha :)

This is what happened once the top coat came in :( Look at my middle finger, that line was STRAIGHT before! argh!
But if you notice, I def prefer the hearts on this hand, even a little smeared haha

A little upclose of the design!

Lovely hearts! :)
Do you ever have that problem? You create an awesome design and the top coat kinda ruins it? :( Am I doing something wrong maybe that caused this? Any feedback's appreciated! :)

So what are you guys planning on doing today? Anything great? I'm currently single, and today I actually have orientation at my new school! Going to get my chef's coat today! WOOHOO :)

Hope you all have a great day! <3



5 comments:

  1. Ein schönes Design! Sieht gut aus :)

    lg
    http://beautymango.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cute !
    Perhaps you push on the brush of your top coat too strongly when applying it ... As you design is a bit thick, it takes more time to dry and the top coat makes it melt or something like that (sorry it's hard to explain in english for me lol)
    You have to try these one of these:
    - wait a lot before applying top coat, like an hour to be sure the thickest designs are dry
    - apply a thick drop of top coat near the thickest designs and let it flow by itself, then apply the top coat every where else on the nails but very gently.
    I hope this helps, I had this issue with stamping and now I'm getting used to it ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, maybe I needed to wait longer.. Because I waited probably about 30 min or so, and I guess that was probably not enough LOL!

      I just got some new top coats too, since each one is better for like a different type of design I guess LOL :P

      Thanks for the tip though, I'll try applying like you said!! You're great Gwenn, thanks!

      Delete
  3. Thanks :) I loved the idea of it when I saw on pinterest! SO adorable!

    ReplyDelete