Friday, February 17, 2012

Feeling Italian!

Okay so this will be a little different! :)
Today, there's no nail anything! GASP! I know!!!!!! haha.

I do have a mani today, I actually bought one of the few polishes on my wish list, China Glaze's Ruby Pumps! :) SO excited and I can't take my eyes off it. Buuuuut, my camera sucks, the lightening here sucks, and none of the pictures I took with it came out good, and I kinda gave up haha!

So, I'm glad to show you my *other* awesome pic of the day, my BRUSCHETTA! yum!




Sorry I only took two pictures but they were SO delicious we couldn't wait to eat them! NOMNOMNOM! haha!
I'm staying with an elderly lady for now, until I can find my own place here in CA, and she had been given a box of basil. What else to do with that but a bruschetta? So I went to the market and got some fresh mozzarela, balssamic vinegar, and some nice tomatoes! YUM.

For anyone interested, here's how I made these:

Bruschetta Ingredients:

Fresh Mozzarela
Tomatoes
Balsamic Vinegar
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
Basil
Bread


How-To:

First, I baked the bread for a little. Now mind you that's sliced up bread, so not a huge piece of bread. They're 
supposed to be like 2-3 bites in this picture! Just put them in the oven at about 350 until the bread was a little crisp. 
While that was going on, I cut the fresh mozzarela and the tomatoes in cubes, chopped some basil, and in a bowl
 mixed them all with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper. 
Yeap. That easy :)

Now I don't have the exact measures for you because I eyeballed everything. But I am a very big advocate for
TASTING your food while you're making it!! :) Do it till it tastes GOOD! So basically I put a little bit at a time of
the salt/pepper.. The basil def makes the dish that much better, but I think my favorite thing is the balsamic vin
with the mozzarela & tomato. It just goes well together you know? Anyways, once that's mixed you go, get your
 piece of bread that should be nice and crisp, and top it off with your mixture. I enjoy it cold, but in the picture it had
been heated until the cheese melted a bit. It is also absolutely delicious like that.

If you've made bruschetta before, how did you do it?
If you try this, let me know! <3


Have a great day everyone <3


3 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks absolutely delicious!

    For my bruschetta I love to make a fresh basil pesto to use as the base, then add tomato and mozzarella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow this sounds delicious! I love pesto but we had sooo much fresh basil at home and wanted to find a way to get rid of it lol ;)

      Will have to try your way sometimes :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks Sara! :) Glad you enjoyed it!!

    ReplyDelete