Tuesday, February 14, 2012

New Beginnings! Welcome to California!! :)

Okay, so I guess none of you KNOW me yet.

But I will share a bit about myself.. I have been struggling a lot for the past 4 years. And I mean a LOT. Things have been tough emotionally speaking, and last year, (around the time I found my passion for nail polish!!!) things started getting better. Not that the two things are related, I just think I took nail polish as a hobby because I was finally starting to get interested in things, and totally found myself loving it!

One of the big things though, was I was extremely unhappy about where I was in life. Stuck in a university I didn't enjoy, doing a course that I chose because I didn't know what else to choose, and that did not help my emotional state.

Now, I just so happened to find something else that I fell in love with, and that was BAKING! :)

With that being said, I made a big decision last year, and that was.. to move. I really didn't enjoy the area where I lived (Now, I won't bash the whole state, no worries ;D )... But I just wasn't HAPPY.

So In January I packed and moved to California! I'm currently enrolled in a Baking & Pastry course at the Art Institute out here, and am currently looking for a job! When I get a job I'll be able to move on to my own place.. (staying with a friend as a favor for now! Eeek!) And hopefully things will fall back into place... :)

Now, these were all big decisions.. I had never NOT lived with my family, and to just move out on my own is a little more terrifying than I even thought it could be, but overall, I'm happy I did. I miss my family more than words can describe, but I feel like it was a good solid decision.

And even though there are only 4 of you (hehehe) I reallyyyy missed posting here! Most of my nail polishes are currently packed, but that's not stopping me! I'm off to go do my nails so I can post something here ! :)


Just so I have some pics, this is a REALLY quick mani I did last week!


Color Club's Almost Famous with a Black Nail Art Polish



And this is just a little glimpse of something in Cali that I missed haha:


Have a great & blessed week everyone <3

2 comments:

  1. seriously, SUPER congratulations, you should be so so proud of yourself! Those crossroads are crazy hard and a lot of people shrink back into comfortable spaces instead of challenging themselves and pushing for something more -- you went the balls-out route and it's the best one ever. (speaking from experience, I've jumped and bounced more than makes sense)

    Take your time with the stressors (the job and place will come, you'll unpack your stuff, it'll be great); today, just dig your feet into the surf, smile at the sunset and enjoy the life you're creating!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, this honestly brought tears to my eyes! It's been so stressful, and at times I keep second-guessing myself trying to figure out if I did the right thing just leaving.. I miss my parents (I'm still somewhat young haha, and I am sooo close to my family!!) and at times I think it's seriously stupid to be all the way out here when there's no family around.. But then I gottta take some deap breaths and remind myself that hey i'm here for a reason, because I NEEDED this. Then it helps me calm down a bit...

      And I just got 4 interviews this week so I'm honestly extremely excited! :)

      Thank you for the kind words! Mean a lot!! <3

      Delete