(Disclaimer: all recipes being shared here were recipes I learned in my baking class. Just sharing my own notes, they're not of my own invention)
Okay so for day 4 of this series, I bring to youuuu... Pecan pie! Now I know, some people LOVE this, some people don't, but I actually really thought it was pretty yummy :) This recipe is also SUPER easy!! So I hope you guys enjoy it! If you try making it, let me know how it turned out! :)
P.s. - Remember to check out the recipe for the crust here, if you haven't yet!
Yield: 4 Pies, 9 in. (22 cm) each
- Eggs - 16 oz. (10 eggs)
- Brown sugar - 10 oz.
- Unsalted butter, melted - 8 oz.
- Vanilla extract - 0.5 fl. oz.
- Salt - 0.2 oz. (1 tsp.)
- Maple syrup or dark corn syrup - 16 fl. oz.
- Glucose or light corn syrup - 16 fl. oz.
- Pecan halves and pieces - 1 lb. 12 oz.
- Mealy dough pie shells, unbaked - 4 shells
- Whisk together the eggs, brown sugar and melted butter. Add the vanilla and salt. Whisk in the maple syrup and glucose until well combined.
- Evenly divide the pecans among the pie shells. Pour the egg-and-syrup mixture evenly over the pecans in each pie shell.
- Bake at 325°F (160°C) until the center of the pies have set, approximately 35 to 40 minutes.
Come back tomorrow for some Chocolate Cream Pie! :)