Friday, July 6, 2012

Pecan Pie (Pie Week Day 4!!!)



(Disclaimer: all recipes being shared here were recipes I learned in my baking class. Just sharing my own notes, they're not of my own invention)


Okay so for day 4 of this series, I bring to youuuu... Pecan pie! Now I know, some people LOVE this, some people don't, but I actually really thought it was pretty yummy :) This recipe is also SUPER easy!! So I hope you guys enjoy it! If you try making it, let me know how it turned out! :)


P.s. - Remember to check out the recipe for the crust here, if you haven't yet!




PECAN PIE

Yield: 4 Pies, 9 in. (22 cm) each


  • Eggs -                                         16 oz. (10 eggs)
  • Brown sugar -                                            10 oz.
  • Unsalted butter, melted  -                             8 oz.
  • Vanilla extract -                                     0.5 fl. oz. 
  • Salt -                                             0.2 oz. (1 tsp.)
  • Maple syrup or dark corn syrup -           16 fl. oz.
  • Glucose or light corn syrup -                   16 fl. oz.
  • Pecan halves and pieces -                   1 lb. 12 oz.
  • Mealy dough pie shells, unbaked -            4 shells


  1. Whisk together the eggs, brown sugar and melted butter. Add the vanilla and salt. Whisk in the maple syrup and glucose until well combined.
  2. Evenly divide the pecans among the pie shells. Pour the egg-and-syrup mixture evenly over the pecans in each pie shell.
  3. Bake at 325°F (160°C) until the center of the pies have set, approximately 35 to 40 minutes. 



The second time I tried (Forgot to take pics!) I chopped all the pecans
except for 8 of them, and put them each in one part of the pie, so that when you
would go & cut the slice, it would have like the one whole piece in the crust. Looked
pretty awesome. Which I'd taken a picture though :(

Come back tomorrow for some Chocolate Cream Pie! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment